Brisbane MSK Therapy Clinic
Musculoskeletal / MSK Therapy
The Brisbane Musculoskeletal Therapy clinic in (Morningside) specialises in Musculoskeletal and Chronic Pain treatment. Many persistent pain conditions, such as Myofascial Pain Syndrome, require a comprehensive and holistic approach to treatment. At TotalMSK, Terry works very differently from many Remedial Massage and Myotherapists in Brisbane. Besides being highly qualified and experienced in using a range of soft tissue therapies to benefit clients, he also has experience with elite-level performance. Terry spent nearly eight years serving in elite British forces, and that experience taught him a huge amount physically and psychologically about human performance. Pushing the body to the absolute limits can also result in injuries, and Terry has had his fair share of injuries, yet he is just as active today as he has always been and still enjoys distance running. He recently ran the Bridge to Brisbane with a colleague and fellow member of Buddy Up Australia. Terry's personal high-performance experiences, injuries, subsequent training and over sixteen years of experience treating have shaped how he works and for the benefit of the patients he sees. As a veteran, he understands the sacrifices serving personnel and first responders make during and after service. Hence, in recognition of such service, those eligible are entitled to a worthwhile treatment discount.
Terry firmly believes in ethical practice and not misleading or manipulating clients into signing up for prolonged treatment regimes. Sadly, many individuals within the industry operate dubious practices online and via social media.
- What you won't find at TotalMSK:-
- Paid for or fake reviews
- Endless exclusive new patient promotions
- Supposed discounts of up to 85% off RRP
- Hidden treatment costs and durations
- 30-minute initial consultations and treatments
- 10-15 minute follow-up treatments
- Large egos and tall stories
- Flawed talk of enhancing the nervous system via the spine - a vitalistic concept
- High-pressure sales tactics
- prolonged and high frequency treatment plans
- What you will find at TotalMSK:-
- A detailed 75-minute initial consultation, explanation of findings, treatment plan and treatment
- 30-60 minute follow-up treatments
- No hidden treatment costs and durations - see bookings
- Clear, honest advice and treatment
- Quality treatments, not quantity
- Military, veterans and first responders discounts
- Healthcare rebates with valid insurance policies
- Professional Registrations and easily verifiable education, training and experience.
- A free 15-minute telephone conversation to discuss treatment suitability
- Open 08:00 - 19:00 Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Open 09:00 - 21:00 Tuesday, Thursday
- Open 08:00 - 14:00 Saturday
Musculoskeletal Therapy to restore movement and address pain
There are many reasons that one may experience MSK or myofascial pain. Besides the physical nature of pain, there is also a psychological aspect. The pain usually affects our ability to move and do the things we enjoy or basic daily activities. The physical nature of pain and its effect on our daily lives can impact our mental health, notably in chronic pain cases. Pain is also a "stressor", and anything that triggers the human stress response can affect all bodily systems (see the articles on Stress, Wellbeing and the Workplace). Even though our body is very good at finding ways to move that avoid pain, there are limits on how much the body can adapt. Equally, adaptations mean that structures are not moving as they should, leading to other problems much later (see the article on Soft Tissue Adaptation to activity and injury for more detail). Hence, an injury may appear to have healed and is no longer painful, yet tissues may not be working as normal. Thus, this is one reason why some active people can seem troubled with lots of injuries. Hence, we aim to treat the pain and restore "normal" functional movement, or as near as is possible given the situation. Basic Massage is just one form of Soft Tissue Therapy, with other and more advanced treatment approaches including myofascial release techniques and even Myofascial Dry Needling. Knowing when and which type of method to use when treating and in any given situation comes with experience.
Musculoskeletal therapists commonly treat various Injuries / conditions:-
- Musculoskeletal pain affecting the:-
- Musculoskeletal aches and pain associated with pregnancy
- Joint stiffness, discomfort and pain.
- Arthritis, Bursitis pain, Pubic Symphysis, Coccyx, Sacroiliac Joint (SIJ) syndrome.
- Migraines or tension Headaches (some types, as can relate to neck and shoulders)
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) pain or Jaw Pain
- Neurological & Myofascial type conditions
- Sports injuries
- Shin Splints
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Plantar fasciitis treatment
- Patella tracking and Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome, Runner's Knee, Rower's Knee
- Shoulder Pain (subacromial bursitis), other forms of shoulder injury.
- Hip Pain (subacromial bursitis)
- Runners/Snapping Hip/ Iliotibial Band Syndrome (ITBS) issues
- Ankle injuries
- Rotator cuff injuries, Tennis Elbow pain, Golfer's elbow, and more
Brisbane (Morningside) MSK Pain Clinic
The Morningside clinic in Brisbane is located a short distance from Morningside train station (TotalMSK clinic map). The Clinic brings Terry's sixteen years of treating, chronic pain, musculoskeletal and sports injuries back to Brisbane.
Brisbane Clinic Treatment Room in Morningside
Health rebates also apply to patients with appropriate private health insurance policies and can be used with promotional clinic treatment pricing offers. Health rebates are typically available with the following health providers:-
- Australian Health Management (ahm)
- Australian Regional Health Group (ARHG)
- Bupa Australia Health
- CBHS Health Fund Limited (Commonwealth Bank)
- The Doctors’ Health Fund
- Australian Unity
Treatment rebates come under Remedial Massage Therapy coverage. If in doubt, it is worth checking with one's health provider before seeking treatment. Treatment costs and any promotional offers are available via the secure online booking system link at the top of the page.
Alternatively, it is often possible to accommodate appointments outside of regular working hours via arrangement, though not through the online booking system. If our practitioners are treating you, please leave a message, alternatively, send a text, and they will get back to you:-
Massage and Myotherapy Registrations
Terry brings over 16 years of experience treating in the MSK Therapy field back to Brisbane from the UK. He is highly qualified with relevant education and training spanning from Certificate level through to higher education and a Masters. His training and experience cover many assessment methods, treatment types and soft tissue therapy (STT) skills. Besides the sixteen years of clinical experience, Terry has a further eight years of experience training and working at the highest physical performance levels within the elite British forces environment. He has a personal experience with a range of running injuries and a vast amount of professional treatment experience. He is still an avid distance runner to this day. Such knowledge has proved highly valuable in the treatment of elite-level athletes and members of the public. His ongoing sporting activities, experiences and interests have naturally led to him specialising in human performance and treating trauma and myofascial pain. He also taught as a senior course coach on the first myotherapy course in Brisbane. His skills are now available at the Morningside clinic, where he works as a Myotherapist.