Profesional Supervision Services
What is Professional Supervision?
We see practice supervision as an intentional, clearly defined, professional, practice-focussed and confidential space that aims to maintain and enhance the practitioner’s knowledge and skills and support competent and confident practitioners whose work increases the quality of life and opportunities of those they support.
Why professional supervision?
For any practitioner, we see professional supervision as essential, providing space and time to reflect on practice, professional identity, and to develop a wider view of the area they work in. Practice supervision supports practitioners to achieve:
- Better outcomes for the client’s practitioners are working alongside
- Enhanced professional relationships
- Opportunities to reflect and embed knowledge into practice
- Increased confidence
- Skill and learning development
- Quality, ethical and accountable practice
- Greater awareness and understanding of the practitioner’s clients, themselves and the sector in which they work
- Prevention and reduction of stress and risk of compassion fatigue, burnout, moral distress and vicarious trauma
- Increased productivity, feelings of satisfaction and reduction in staff turnover
Who is Professional Supervision for?
We provide professional supervision to anyone who is wanting to maintain and enhance their professional practice. This professional supervision can be provided to:
The professional supervision offered is underpinned by a professional supervision agreement and reviewed on an annual basis.
Who is providing the Professional Supervision?
Louise is a qualified Social Worker with over 20 years’ experience working within the human services sector. Louise has worked in senior leadership roles focused on clinical governance and ethical practice. Louise finds great satisfaction in supporting individuals, teams and organisations to enhance practice through professional supervision with a focus on improving the quality of life of individuals, their families and the community. Louise is committed to social justice and human rights and her practice is underpinned by the Australian Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics and Practice Standards.
Louise respects the professional supervision space, ensuring privacy and confidentiality and putting you at the centre of the supervision process.
Louise has worked in a range of areas in Australia and in the United Kingdom, these areas include:
- Child, youth and adult mental health
- Child abuse and neglect
- Sexual violence
- Domestic and Family Violence
- Out of Home Care
- Child Protection
- Vicarious trauma, stress, burnout, compassion fatigue and moral distress
- Substance misuse
- Grief and loss
- Honour based violence
- Forced marriage and human trafficking
What are our principles of Professional Supervision?
We focus on the following when providing professional supervision:
- Outcomes focussed
- Values driven
- Competency based
The new professional supervision service is due to launch in mid January 2022 and covering Brisbane and the wider area. Further enquiries can be made by contacting Louise directly:-