Our principal Chiropractor has supported many Charities in the UK over the years including local and national Charities in varying capacities, providing pre and post-event sports massage, sports injury advice and treatment. He has also been supporting potential athletes at the Invictus Games Trails and for selection for the 2020 Invictus Games (the Hague). Terry has previously worked independently or alongside other massage therapists at charitable sporting type events such as:-
- Run Reigate Half Marathon.
- The Goring Gap Regatta
- The Oxford Town and Gown (in aid of Muscular Dystrophy).
- Cutteslowe Canter (in aid of Parkinson Disease).
- Chiltern Chase (in aid of local charities).
- Reading Relay for Life (in aid of Cancer Research).
- Thames 10k (in aid of Breast Cancer).
- Goring Gap 10k (in aid of the local school).
- The Reading half marathon (in aid of the Fire Fighter's Charity).
- Police National Cross Country Championships (in aid of the CHASE charity).
- Royal Parks Half Marathon (in aid of the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children).
Any time given at charity events has been in a voluntary capacity and free of charge, with any associated fees donated to the charity. Most charitable events have involved offering pre and post event sports massage services. Charitable activities have often taken a voluntary donation from people wishing to be treated, with all money then going to the Charity. Our principal Chiropractor has also signed up for the Sports Massage Association (SMA) Road2Success Athlete Sponsorship Programme. The programme is designed to help unfunded/unsponsored Athletes who are training for Olympic type events.
If you have a suitable charitable event that could benefit from the services of a sports & remedial massage therapist, then please do get in touch with the clinic.